Put Your Map Filter to Work
The map filter is one of those cool features that can help with planning events, or just getting a sense of where your donors are. No matter what you use the map for, now we've made it even easier to put your results to good use.
Now, on the map filter screen, not only can you download a list of Contacts, but you'll see options to add Tags to your Contacts, add them to your Queue, or invite the Primary Individual to an Event (i.e., add them to the Event Invitation list).
Only the Freshest Matches
If you're a regular user of the Gift & Contact Import tool, you are going to like this one.
Now, when importing Gifts or importing Contacts, you'll see a "refresh" icon that will allow you to re-run matching for a single record.
So, let's say you are importing Gifts, and there is a Gift from Tina Smith and another, separate Gift from Tina's husband, David Smith. The Smiths have never given before and they do not have a Contact record in your database. You will come across Tina's Gift, and then create a new Contact record. When you then move on to David's Gift, you can now click the refresh icon to re-run matching, and then you'll see Tina Smith come up as a possible match, thus avoiding creating two records for the same household. Phew!
Keep an eye out for this on your next import and give it a try!
Individual, I Choose You!
More and more, importing data via the Gift & Contact import means identifying not only the right Contact, but also the correct Individual. Whether updating volunteer hours, adding event attendees, or processing data from Virtuous lead forms, it's crucial to target the right member of a household.
So, we made it easier to do.
Now, you'll see a green highlight when Virtuous selects an Individual as a match. Click on the "x" by that Individual to unselect them, and then either select another Individual, or choose none to tell Virtuous, "hey there V, this is a totally new Individual."
You'll need to click "Save and Continue" or "Save and Close" for your new selection to take effect, as in the GIF above. And then you can continue as usual.
New Merge Options
Users with permission to merge Contacts will now have even more control over merged data. With this release, you can select specific Contact custom field values and Organization Group assignments to preserve as part of a merge.
Note that only one value can be selected per field. For example, let's say you are merging Contacts A & B. Both records have a value in a Contact custom field, called "Membership Type." Contact A has "Annual Gold" for Membership Type, and Contact B has "Annual Silver" for Membership Type.
You will need to select either "Annual Gold" or "Annual Silver" to preserve in the new, merged record. Attempting to select both values will return an error message.
Now that Contact merges are even more powerful than before, use your power wisely, and remember: with great power...comes great responsibility.
...And the Rest
As with every release, this month's update also includes a number of other fixes, tweaks, minor modifications, and assorted nudges. Among this month's assorted fixes:
- Organizations with their base currency set to euro were experiencing an issue when editing Gifts that included change. We've squashed that bug, so euro Gifts should now be better behaved.
- We've added the ability to query based on Event RSVP status, either from an Individual query or an Event Invitation query.
- Virtuous Giving forms now support a date picker option, which should be easier for donors who want to start a recurring Gift on a future date.
- It was brought to our attention that, once a value had been set for an Individual's Gender, it was not possible to clear that selection. It was also brought to our attention that this was less than desirable. So, we fixed that for you. 😀
- Deleting a Tag that is assigned to Contacts has caused some headaches here and there, so we've refactored the Tag delete option. Users who have seen some "zombie tags" should no longer be haunted by specters of segmentations past.
- We squashed a bug that was preventing Origin Segment Codes from saving properly on imported Contacts.
- Users who prefer the legacy receipt editor can now select "Non-deductible gift amount" as a merge field.
- The New Donor report will now properly respect user permissions, and it apologizes for any occasions on which it failed to do so.
- Disabling users in one organization will no longer lock them out of other active organizations. Users will now be able to select an alternate organization at login.
And that's the list! As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.