Gift and Contact Import Filters
With year-end gifts rolling in, it's more important than ever to stay organized. Now, import users will see the ability to apply filters on the import screen, just like the filters available in other areas of Virtuous.
Quickly find all of the Gift Import with a Status of "Processed," or all the Contact Imports completed by a specific user, all with just a few clicks.
Double Those Dollars!
We just love Double the Donation...who wouldn't? It's a handy way to identify potential matching gifts, with very little effort on your part. That's why we offer a seamless integration for clients and the ability to add a matching gift search field on all Virtuous Giving forms.
But what if we made it even easier?
Now, all clients with a Double the Donation account can find even more matching gifts! All gift imports and Virtuous Giving transactions will be automatically searched to identify potential gift matching programs, based on each donor's email address.
Not using Double the Donation yet? No worries! Reach out to our Customer Success team to get started.
New Donor Portal Design Tools
As online giving ramps up at this time of year, so will traffic on your donor portal. If you need to spruce up a bit (or decorate of the holidays, go ahead, have fun!) now you can do so a little more easily. Users will see some additional theme color options, like button colors and button text colors. And when entering a hex code for colors, now a small preview will display the selected color.
Not sure of the hex code you need? That's okay, too! Just click on the color box to bring up a color picker with additional options.
Adding a logo is also easier, with a drag-and-drop upload option. Just add a JPEG or PNG file to display your organization logo at the top of your donor portal page.
New Permissions Options
Maybe you are adding to your team, and you need to create some new permission groups to accommodate the needs of your growing staff. Now, Admin users will see the Copy icon to the right of each permission group, allowing you to quickly duplicate an existing group, make a few modifications, and add new users.
But maybe you need to build out some entirely new groups? We've got you covered there, too. Click to create a permission group, and you'll see a new option to create a permission group from an existing template.
Select the template option, and you'll see four base templates (in addition to the three already available in Virtuous: Admin, User, and No financial data) that can be used as-is, or with some modifications. Just enter a name for your new group, and you'll be in business.
When Did I Send That?
Searching the Sent Email history just got a little easier, too. Now, in addition to the Scheduled date, a new column will display the Send date for all emails.
Looking for emails sent on a specific date? use the filter options on the left side of the page to find results for a date or range of dates.
...And the Rest
As with every release, this month's update also includes a number of other fixes, tweaks, minor modifications, and assorted nudges. Among this month's assorted fixes:
- If you are expecting a file from us, check your Downloads (yes, we renamed the Exports page in honor of this new feature). Files can now be securely delivered, directly through Virtuous. If a member of the Virtuous team uploads a file for you, you'll receive an email notification.
- New additions to the query tool! The Project Donor query now offers additional statistics, like Life to date Gift Count to a Project and Year to date Gift Count to a Project. We've also added Informal Name as a Contact query parameter and Gift Create date as an export field on Gift queries.
- Are you tired of having old Premiums cluttering up the place? Well, fret no more! Premiums can now be set as Inactive, meaning they will not show up when entering or editing Gifts. This is a great option for tracking short-term and other limited Premiums.
- Speaking of, if you want to get rid of things that don't spark joy, Events can now be either deleted or archived. Events without any Individuals listed can be deleted outright. Any event with Individuals listed (as Event Contacts or Invitees) will instead show an option for Archive.
- Some users with limited permissions reported seeing different Gift totals when viewing a Project screen, the Gifts screen, or dashboards reports like the Gifts by Project Report. We've checked and double-checked our math, and now all of these screens will display financial data using the same rules, so totals should be in alignment no matter where you look.
- And while we're on the subject of limited permissions, users can now be restricted to seeing only their own Contact Notes, regardless of Private Note status.
- Some tasks were not correctly displaying the task creator on all screens. And some others were preventing users from clicking on the actual Contact link. Neither of these seemed like ideal scenarios, so we've squashed both bugs so you can keep on making calls and logging notes.
- Using DonorSearch? Well, good news: in the Settings menu, users can now use their own Donor Search login credentials to configure the integration, meaning that all searches run in Virtuous will generate full profiles that can be accessed from within DonorSearch.
- There is nothing wrong with your monitor. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We have just added a slight blur to the background whenever you enter or edit data in forms onscreen. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to...The Outer Limits.
- In this month's edition of "You Asked, We Answered," donors can now update their contact information "phone or address) on their donor portal record and have those updates populate in Virtuous, even without a Gift transaction. These updates will show up as Contact Imports.
- We've made a correction to the "Raised" totals on the Project screen, which were not correctly factoring in Reversing Transactions. Math, amirite?
- When viewing a Contact record with the type "Foundation," any associated Grants will display the payment status of Grants that have been won, along with other high-level Grant data, all on the left side of the Overview screen.
- When creating an email, users will have the option to specify a Segment, as opposed to a Communication. Nice and simple.
- API users! (you know who you are) We've made a few updates, including the ability to update Recurring Gift designations, a bulk update option for Gift Segments, the option to include a Recurring Gift identifier in Gift transactions, the ability to include Contact Methods when creating new Individuals, and new options for sorting lists of results by specific properties. Phew!
- We fixed a very picky bug that prevented exporting the Passthrough Secondary First and Last Names from a Gift query.
- In cases where Gifts cannot be receipted in bulk because of bad address data, Gifts were being marked as receipted. They probably felt left out. But we've explained the situation to them so now only Gifts that actually generate a receipt will show as receipted.
And that's the list! As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous, or drop us a line at email@example.com.