While we update our API regularly, one of our top priorities is to maintain a consistent level of service for our integration partners. This means that, as a general rule, we strive to implement changes that are not breaking changes, and that allow existing integrations to continue to work as-is. In those rare cases when we do introduce a potential breaking change, we'll be sure to call that out to you here.
Without further ado, here's what's coming in our July 2020 release, which will go live next Monday night (July 20th):
🚨 Breaking Change Alert 🚨
We are adding two new endpoints in this release, to support interacting with Custom Collections via the API:
- /api/Contact/CustomCollections GET/POST/PUT/DELETE
- /api/ContactIndividual/CustomCollections GET/POST/PUT/DELETE
We've updated some endpoints to accept new values, and others will return additional data in the response.
- /api/Contact/ POST/PUT now accepts MaritalStatus and CustomCollections
- /api/ContactIndividual/ POST/PUT now accepts CustomCollections
- /api/v2/Gift/Transaction now accepts BirthMonth, BirthYear, BirthDay, StockTickerSymbol, and StockNumberOfShares
- /api/v2/Gift/Transactions now accepts BirthMonth, BirthYear, BirthDay, StockTickerSymbol, and StockNumberOfShares
- /api/Gift/ByReference will now return gift culture and exchange rate
- /api/Gift/Query will now return gift culture and exchange rate
As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.