When sending emails from Virtuous Marketing, there are a few ways to track your recipients' responses. Navigate to the Query Tool and use the Sent Email query type to report on email activity like sends, opens, and clicks. Or, hover over the left side bar, then select Marketing. Under Marketing, select Email.
From the email screen, you'll be able to track responses for each email.
In addition to these two options, it's even possible to click on the Actions button to the right of any of your emails, and then select "Versions."
From there, click on Actions to view the Activity for any of the Versions listed.
No matter which option you choose, you'll be able to view the delivery status of sent emails. There are a range of delivery status values, which may be tricky to parse. That's where this handy-dandy guide comes in! Use the information below to help decode the delivery status labels:
- Blocked: Blocks occur when When your IP address has been blacklisted or blocked by an ISP or messaging organization. Blocks are less severe than bounces and do not result in permanent suppressions: subsequent sends to blocked email addresses are not automatically suppressed.
- Bounced: A bounce means the receiving server could not or would not accept the message. If a recipient has previously unsubscribed from your emails, your attempt to send to them is automatically bounced. Some emails may result in a "soft bounce," meaning that they are initially reported as undeliverable but then are able to send successfully, within 72 hours of being sent. This can occur when a recipient's inbox if full, for example.
- Cancelled: An email that was scheduled to be sent was cancelled by the sender.
- Deferred: The recipient mail server asked Virtuous to stop sending emails so fast.
- Delivered: The accepted response generated by the recipients' mail server.
- Dropped: An email will be dropped when the recipient of that email is unsubscribed, the recipient email previously bounced, or that recipient has marked your email as spam.
- Expired: Expired means that an email has bounced, but it is a specific type of bounce. If an email bounces, we will retry for up to 72 hours. If the email is unable to be delivered within the 72 hour window, it will expire and be marked as Bounced - Expired.
- Failed: Your email data could not be sent to our email server. If this occurs, contact Virtuous Support for additional troubleshooting and recommendations.
- Processed: Your email data has been successfully sent to our email server and is ready to be sent.
- Processing: Your email data is currently being sent to our email server to be sent.