In a previous article (found here), we discussed that the responsive Dashboard is a dashboard to help you understand how your organization is performing. In this article we're going to dive into what each of these metrics shows you.
Responsive Dashboard Metrics
Retention - The Retention widget looks at all donors who have made their first gift within the last 12 months, and tracks what percentage of those new donors have gone on to make a second, third, or fourth gift.
Average Gift - The Average Gift widget looks at all gifts made within a given month and calculates the average amount. Users can choose to view data for the last 3, 6, or 12 months (on a rolling basis) or for the current or previous fiscal year. For these calculations, any $0 gifts or reversing transactions are ignored. This includes payments on recurring gifts, and pledges that are not being tracked as receivable. If you are tracking pledges as receivable, the payments on the pledge will not be included each month, the pledge total will only in the month that the pledge was made.
Donor Lifetime Value - The Donor Lifetime Value widget displays the average of the life-to-date giving of all active donors each month, and allows you to compare each of the last twelve months vs the previous twelve months so you can easily spot trends and measure year-over-year growth.
Lapsed vs New - This widget shows your lapsed donors (donors that have not given in the last 12 months or who have missed a recurring donation payment) vs new donors by month.
Total Giving- The Total Giving Widget displays the sum of all financial gifts made in each month, based on Gift Date.
Giving Revenue by Tier - The Giving Revenue by Tier Widget provides a breakdown of the total amount received from all gifts, grouped by gift size. Gifts are broken down into three tiers: those less than $1,000, those between $1,000 and $10,000, and those larger than $10,000. Users can choose to view data for the last 3, 6, or 12 months (on a rolling basis) or for the current or previous fiscal year.
Digital Engagement - The Digital Engagement Widget helps you track the performance of your website and email content, displaying the combined total of all email clicks and unique web visitors for each month. Tracking web visitors requires the use of the Responsive Listener, and email click data is only available for emails sent through Virtuous Marketing.
Touchpoints per Contact - This widget takes each type of contact and shows it's relation to your entire database.
- Events- this is calculated based on anyone who attended or was invited to an event in a given month.
- Tasks- this is calculated on the number of tasks assigned to a contact that were marked in progress or Completed in the given month.
- Email- this counts all the emails that were sent in the given month (does not count emails that are scheduled but not sent).
- Mail- this counts all the mail pieces sent in a given month (does not count mail that is scheduled but not sent)
Web Visitors - The Web Visitors Widget displays the total number of unique visitors to your website each month, broken down by known visitors and unknown visitors. This widget requires that the Responsive Listener is enabled and the code is installed on the website you want to track. Keep in mind that an unknown visitor may be identified if they take specific actions and then become known, so past data can change over time, though the totals will remain the same. Users can choose to view data for the last 3, 6, or 12 months (on a rolling basis) or for the current or previous fiscal year.
Net New Recurring Giving - The Net New Recurring Giving Widget tracks recurring gift payments month by month, as well as the total number of unique Contacts who have recurring gifts within a given month. The payment data includes a 60 day grace period, meaning that expected payments due within the last 60 days but not yet fulfilled will be included in the displayed totals. Payments due more that 60 days in the past that have not been fulfilled will not be included.
Net Active Donors - This widget shows the make up of donors in your contacts by month
- New- Shows the number of contacts whose first gift was in that given month.
- Existing- Shows the number of contacts who have given in the last twelve months but whose first gift is not the current month.
- Lapsed- Shows the number of donors with the system lapsed donor tag. This calculation includes donors who have missed a recurring gift payment because the system Lapsed donor tag counts those donors as lapsed (but does not count missed Pledge payments).
- Total active- this is calculated by adding the new and existing contacts then subtracting the lapsed donors.
Non-Financial Action - The Non-financial Action Widget displays the total number of lead form submissions and volunteer shifts per month. Users can choose to view data for the last 3, 6, or 12 months (on a rolling basis) or for the current or previous fiscal year.