Zap It To Me!
That's right, Virtuous now supports integrating with Zapier!
Zapier allows you to easily connect Virtuous with other cloud applications, like Gmail, Slack, Quickbooks, Shopify, and more.
It's so much easier when all of your systems get along nicely together, isn't it? Go ahead and check out what you can do when you connect Virtuous with Zapier.
LYBUNTS and SYBUNTS and Queries, Oh My
By very popular demand, we've added two new queries to our star-studded lineup of Best Practice queries. Specifically, queries to easily identify LYBUNTS (donors who gave Last Year But Unfortunately Not This year) and SYBUNTS (donors who gave Some Year But Unfortunately Not This year).
Like all of the Virtuous Best Practice queries, these can be run as-is, copied and modified as need, or used in larger nested queries to power automated workflows or target specific segments in mailings or emails. Go ahead and check them out!
If You Can't Import 'em, Archive 'em
In a recent release, we stopped allowing users to delete any imports generated via the Virtuous API, to prevent data loss from giving integrations.
We heard from several clients that this wasn't ideal.
And we listened. (Hey, we don't just talk about being responsive around here!)
So in this release, we've added a new feature. Now, users with Admin permission can choose to archive imports that should not be imported.
Archiving imports removes them from the main import screen, but preserves the data. At any time, Admin users can also click on the new Archived Imports button in the upper right to view the archive list.
Any archived import can also be unarchived, and then imported as usual.
Pledge Payments, Please Report to Me
Tracking pledges and pledge payments is great and all, but it sure would be swell to see what payments are due next month. Or how many payments were fulfilled last month. Wouldn't it?
We sure think so. So we've added the Pledge Payment Report (similar to the Recurring Gift Payment report), which allows you to see these details.
You can even download the data as a CSV or XLS file to use in mail merge and send payment reminders. Sweet!
Are You On The List?
Sometimes, things that sound simple, are...not so simple.
Like, for example, querying to find all Individuals who are subscribed — or unsubscribed — from a particular email list.
But we've just made it a little easier.
Now, in Individual queries, you'll see two different parameters that can be used to identify email lists. Selecting "Email List" will allow you to use operators like "Is any of" or "Is none of" and select multiple email lists, to quickly identify Individuals who are on one or more email lists.
Select "Email List Name" to use the "Is" operator and select a specific email list. This can be used together with the "Subscribed" parameter to identify Individuals who are subscribed — or unsubscribed — from that specific email list.
Last week, we sent out information on API changes for this release to everyone signed up for our new Developer Digest emails.
This release is chock-full of new API features, including 15 brand-new endpoints and 5 response updates, one of which is a significant change to the structure of our Gift Ask response.
If you are a developer, or if you just like to stay in the know on all the high-tech goings-on around here, just reply to this email and let us know, or use the support messenger to contact us..
...And the Rest
As with every release, this month's update also includes a number of other fixes, tweaks, minor modifications, and assorted nudges. Among this month's assorted fixes:
- We didn't just stop at archiving imports this month. Now, users who are not enabled will not be shown on the main Team screen; instead, they will be visible on a separate screen. Admins, just click on the "Inactive Team Members" button to view or re-enable any of them.
- Test twice, mail once, right? Now, Letters on Demand users can opt to send a test copy of any postcard or letter to themselves or to a teammate. Be aware, to send a test, you'll need to have a Contact record for the recipient, and standard letter or postcard rates will still apply.
- Exporting Project data from a Gift query will now include Parent Project fields when they are selected, which sounds boringly predictable to us but hey, to each their own.
- We've added some additional contrast to giving form donation buttons, to make it clearer when a selection has been made. No pithy jokes here, it's just a thing we did.
- 🚨 New Widget Alert! 🚨 We've added the Email Overview widget to the Marketing dashboard, which will display emails delivered, opened, clicked, bounced, and marked as spam over the last 7 days. This is a great way to keep an eye on the overall health and deliverability of your email.
- How does a new Filter strike your fancy? Just fine? Well then you are IN LUCK! We've added the ability to filter on Event Invitations from an Event.
- We squashed a bug that was allowing duplicate Tags to be created. Just one of each seems perfectly reasonable instead.
- We've added sorting to the Gift & Contact Import tool. Now, when working in an import, you can click to sort transactions in any of the three categories (Match Needed, Update Needed, Ready for Import) based on Contact Name, First Name, or Last Name.
- (OK everyone, say it with me now) But wait, there's more! We've also added sorting logic to the Individuals tab of the Contacts screen. Just click on the Individuals column to sort Individuals by Last Name. Neat, huh?
- We corrected an issue with calculating the non-deductible giving total on receipts. Math...is hard.
- When editing email receipts, users will now see the option to undo changes and go back through the edit history, just as with marketing emails. Because why should marketing have all the fun, right?
- We squashed a tricky bug that was preventing some donors from logging in to their donor portal accounts. We definitely want to make it easy for donors to update their payment info and keep on giving.
- We've updated the language on Gift filters to show "Organization Group" instead of "Contact Owner." Constancy, sweet constancy.
And that's the list! As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous, or drop us a line at email@example.com.