Once you have configured SMS messaging for your organization and created your first SMS template, you'll be ready to start sending SMS messages via automation or as form confirmation messages. to keep tabs on the messages you're sending, you can review all of your sent messages from the main SMS page in Virtuous Marketing.
To access Virtuous Marketing, look for the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen, and click to switch from Virtuous CRM to Virtuous Marketing.
Once in Marketing, look for the SMS option in the left-side menu.
There, click on the Actions menu in the upper right and select "View Sent Messages."
Then, you'll see all of the SMS messages that have been sent — or scheduled to send — by your organization. The data in the table includes:
- Individual - The Individual to whom the message was sent. Remember, SMS messages are sent to Individuals, not Contacts!
- Template - The SMS template that was used
- Delivered - The data and time when the SMS message was delivered to the recipient
- Status - The delivery status. See the section below for more on the various status options.
- Failure - Indicates that a particular message failed
- SMS Parts - The number of Parts used to send your message. You can learn more about SMS Parts in this article.
SMS Status Values
When reviewing your sent messages, you'll see various Status indicators to let you know exactly where a message is in the process. There are a lot of steps along the way! Here's a guide to each of the status values you'll see:
- Pending - The message is waiting to be sent to the delivery provider.
- Accepted - The message was sent to the delivery provider and they have accepted it.
- Queued - The message is queued and waiting to be sent to the recipient.
- Sending - The message is on it's way!
- Delivered - The message has been sent and we have received delivery confirmation.
- Undelivered - The message could not be delivered; this may be because it was sent to a home phone or a bad number.
- Failed - The message failed because of a provider issue - you will not be charged for failed messages.
- Scheduled - The message is scheduled to be sent in the future.