Oh I Got Fields, They're Multiplyin'
But hey, don't go losing control! These custom fields are definitely the ones that you want.
In fact, when using these fields, you can select ALL of the ones you want.
Yes, you asked for it (so many of you asked for it, actually!) and it's finally here: Custom Fields now include the ability to create a multi-select list!
When creating a new custom field, you'll see the option to set "Multiselect List" as the data type.
Then, you can create your list of values, just like you would with a regular list custom field. When editing your field, you can even re-order or deactivate values as needed.
Once your field is created, you can use it just like you would any custom field. When entering data, you'll be able to select as many values as you like from the available list.
And, of course, you'll be able to query on these values, using the same operators that you already use when querying on Tags: Is any of, Is none of, Has any, and Has none.
(Yes, we love when we get to do this)
WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!!
Because multiselect fields are just like other custom field types, they can also be added to any Virtuous form! Now you can collect responses from your supporters without limiting them to only one choice.
Of course, these values will then be imported with your form submissions, as long as your custom field is set to "show on import."
We know that this is an important feature for many of you, and we are more than thrilled to be able to deliver it! All of your feedback is incredibly valuable as we continue working to improve the Virtuous platform, all so we can provide you with the very best tools to use in advancing your mission. Thank you to everyone who has shared their thoughts/requests/wishes/brainpower with us.
Wanna learn more about working with custom fields? Well then feast your eyes on this rather informative support article.
Nowhere to Go But Up
Look, we are all fans of Mary Poppins Returns too (Haven't seen it? You should, it's fun!), but what we're really excited about here is our new integration with Fundraise Up.
Yes, clients using Fundraise Up can now configure a seamless integration between both platforms, allowing you to manage donor relationships from Virtuous while capturing donations and donor information from Fundraise Up.
Configure the integration with some basic rules to get started quickly, or add custom mapping rules to capture data that meets your unique needs.
Get the Inside Scoop!
Have you registered for the Virtuous Insider yet? We're meeting weekly to deliver content designed to help you make the most of working in Virtuous, with client case studies and success stories, strategy tips, product development insights, and of course, plenty of training and how-to advice.
You can register for the Insider and add it to your calendar just by clicking below.
You'll only have to register once, and you'll be registered to attend every week. Mark your calendars now: the Virtuous Insider meets every Thursday at 3:00pm Eastern. Join us this Thursday, August 26th, for a Partner Spotlight session with the Fundraise Up team!
If you've already joined us for one of our Insider sessions, let us know what you think! Drop us a line at email@example.com.
...And the Rest
As with every release, this month's update also includes a number of other fixes, tweaks, minor modifications, and assorted nudges. Among this month's assorted fixes:
- Updating Gift data in bulk is already possible from the results of a Gift query. But what if, instead of changing every Segment Code to "12345," you want to assign multiple different Segment Codes to your Gifts? What if you want to shift each Gift Date back by one day, just to mess with everyone? Well, you're in luck! Now, Gift data can be updated via an import from the Bulk Data Tools page.
- Apparently, some users reported difficulty with rearranging Receipting Groups. No one needs receipting to be difficult, so we decided to make things a little easier.
- While organizations are limited to a maximum of 25 emails lists, it seems some folks still managed to create more than 25 somehow. We've closed that particular loophole, so anyone attempting to create additional lists will be subjected to...a politely worded error message. What, you expected something worse?
- Some organizations accepting foreign currency via Virtuous Giving forms were not seeing the correct currency symbol on embedded forms. We've gotten our dollars and pounds and euro all straightened out now.
- Has this ever happened to you? You're attempting to merge two Contacts, and then you can an error message saying "Contact cannot relate to self," and suddenly you're not sure what to do next? Well, you're not alone. We've updated some error messaging to try to make things a little clearer from now on. Because guessing isn't a strategy when it comes to your data health.
- We recently introduced a new gamification feature, where users had to guess at the exact pixel or two where they could click to edit a nested query. Well, as it happens, that turned out to be...not such a fun game. So now you can click the regular old edit icon, no guessing required. (We're eliminating a whole lot of guesswork with this release!)
- For organizations tracking pledges as receivable, this one's for you! We made a few report corrections where pledged amounts were being counted twice (once for the pledge, and again for payments). Seemed like an easy way to double fundraising revenue, but apparently that's not really the way to go about it.
- Adding Contacts to the queue from the results of a map filter should now work as expected. Which, of course, means it wasn't working as expected before. Unless, of course, you expected it not to work. In which case, we may have some bad news for you...because it works now.
- We fixed a tricky little issue where users who are restricted to only Contacts in their Organization Group were receiving task reminder emails that included the names of Contacts outside of their Organization Group. Keeping it all on the inside from now on.
And that's the list! As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous.